Monday, February 1, 2016

Motif 29 Pretty Petal Doily


Pretty Petal Doily from Traditional Tatting Patterns by Rita Weiss. 

For the new year I've decided to tat at least one item from every tatting book I own. I have about 50 books. The books I haven't worked from (about half) will be the focus of this undertaking. I don't expect to finish in a year but I do expect to seriously bust my thread stash and maybe learn a technique or two.  

This doily is the first of resolution projects.

And keeping me company is my faithful tatting buddy, Whiskey, who turns 12 today. Happy birthday, Whiskey Dog, at least one of your hairs is (accidently) tatted in all my projects. 

10 comments:

  1. Doesn't every doily need a bunch of dog hairs to make it prettier and stronger?
    All my tatted things a have three additional colours from my Beagle and blond from my "HoviLab"... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doily is gorgeous. I really like the colour combination and the way you've used colour to enhance the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trying to tat something from each book!!
    That doily is gorgeous!!! :) Love the colors you used!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful doily. I am learning tatting now. I love it. Don't own any books yet but anxious to start getting some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do recommend Traditional Tatting Patterns by Rita Weiss. It has a wide variety of vintage patterns. I will definitely be returning to this book. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. I do recommend Traditional Tatting Patterns by Rita Weiss. It has a wide variety of vintage patterns. I will definitely be returning to this book. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful doily and a great idea to tat something from each of your books. I've been taking some time lately just to enjoy looking through my books again. It's been a joy to think back to projects I've done, but also reminds me how many more wonderful patterns I have yet to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are truly blessed when God allows us to have such a faithful companion for so many years. My Lab, Nikki, is 12 and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Do you make these doilies to sell?

    Karol Wilczak

    ReplyDelete